Visiting Faculty Fellowship
The Cochlear Center hosts faculty from other academic institutions as visiting faculty who are interested in learning about the Center’s programs, working or training with Center faculty, and developing potential collaborations. Some visiting fellows may also choose to enroll in summer institute courses at the Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Funding for Visiting Faculty is limited and is considered on a case-by-case basis depending on the availability of funds. These funds can be used to defray travel, tuition and living costs in Baltimore. Visiting faculty positions can range from just a few weeks to a year.
All candidates must hold a faculty position at another academic or equivalent institution. Candidates are responsible for securing their own funding for travel, living and all other costs associated with their Visiting Faculty tenure at the Cochlear Center. Funding may occasionally be available to help defray these costs.
Visiting faculty interested in the summer institute courses at JHSPH should apply for classes separately from their application to the Cochlear Center.
HOW TO APPLY
The Visiting Scholars Program has 3 application deadlines per year - February 15th, June 15th, and October 15th
Applicants need to submit the following materials to Shannon Smitherman at email@example.com:
- ≤ 2 page letter providing:
- Candidate background
- Academic/research interests
- Reasons for wanting to visit the Cochlear Center
- Dates of wishing to visit the Cochlear Center
- CV or NIH biosketch
Pending review of these materials, candidates will be contacted to provide additional information and/or to schedule a preliminary phone interview
- Prospective applicants are encouraged to reach out to Jennifer Deal prior to submitting any materials.
- Materials should be submitted via email to Shannon Smitherman, Academic Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Shannon Smitherman with questions about submission procedures at 443-287-7779 or email@example.com.